Sunday, March 14, 2010

Farewell To Blogging...

I recently have not had much time to devote to blogging. My updates have gone from one post each day or two to one post every week or two...not enough to really keep things going from a blog perspective.

When I first started the blog in late December 2007, I wasn't sure whether I would be able to keep it going. I had started training for my first marathon and I used the blog to document my progress and to keep me honest (if others were watching/reading, I knew I couldn't skip the workouts).

However the blog became something more than just a means for documenting my training. Through the blog I have made many new friends in the running community and also re-connected with old friends that have found my blog through Google or Facebook. For people that I see on a regular basis, the blog has become a conversation starter - and many times they already know what is happening in my life based on what they have read in the blog.

Coincidentally, I have been blogging for a little bit more than 26 months and 2 weeks (26.2???). It's a rather appropriate place to end a blog named "Mike Fox's Marathon Blog".

Will I be back? Most likely I will. When work calms down a bit and/or when I train for another marathon. I may also post race reports on the blog (and cross post them in FB and RunningAhead).

However, by "shutting down" the blog I will no longer have the stress of "I haven't blogged in over a week..." hanging over me.

Thanks everyone for reading the blog and supporting me over the past 2+ years!!!

4 comments:

Zoomy said...

I've had some long lapses in blogging, too. Usually when I don't have anything going on in my life that I think is interesting...so I figure, why bother? I don't want to feel obligated to write, either.

Enjoy your break. Give me a heads-up when you return to the blogosphere.

institute of lraqi scholars & academician said...

thanks for your work

saucony progrid said...

Enjoy your break, and thanks for sharing wonderful thoughts and inspiring posts! god bless!

dr ben body said...

keep up the blogs dude maybe what you need to do is take a break and then get back to it. i just had some protein shakes and feel better for it! :)