- Get back down to my ideal weight - This is one goal that I did not even come close. I ended 2011 about 10 pounds away from my ideal weight of 160 lbs, and I'm about 5 pounds heavier than that now. So now, I'm 15 pounds away from my ideal weight. UGH! Since I was able to achieve most of my other goals for 2012, this is one goal that I will need to really work on in 2013.
- Stay Healthy - Luckily 2012 was an excellent year for this goal! I started allergy shots in January 2012, and along with this I also started a regimen of medication (antihistamines, nasal steroid, steroid inhaler, neti-pot, etc.). As a result, I had no sinus/respiratory infections during 2012. I'm not sure whether this was due to the allergy shots or medications, but the bottom line is that I did not need to use any antibiotics like in 2010 or prednisone like in 2011 and I did not have any "downtime" due to being sick!
- Run More - I had set a goal of 750 miles for 2012. This was after 573 miles in 2010 and 552 in 2011. For 2012, I ended up logging 730 miles - a little short of my goal, but significantly more than the past two years.
- Run A Half Marathon - I did not meet this goal this year. I trained for two races - a 5K during Memorial Day Weekend and Ragnar DC in late September. The Ragnar relay was similar in mileage to a Half Marathon (I ran 14.5 miles over that weekend) but it was not all at once.
- Run With Others More Often - This was one I did accomplish somewhat. Most of my weekly runs were done solo - I did a few weekly runs with neighbors when I was in town, but mostly (especially when I was on the road for business travel) I ran solo. However, I ran two races with others - the Save The Trail 5K during Memorial Day Weekend with two of the teens from the Yesodot Israeli Dance Troupe that I co-direct, and then the Ragnar DC Relay with a great group of 11 other runners!
- Take More Time Off From Work - I accomplished this goal as well. The Fox Family took a three-week trip to Israel this Summer! I also took a week off from work for us to go on a Disney Cruise with my parents and my sister and her family. It was great to have a good amount of family time during 2012 - especially since I was on the road almost every other week.
One big accomplishment that was not part of my 2012 Goals was - A NEW 5K PR!!! At the Save The Trail 5K on May 26, 2012, I ran a 23:39 5K (7:37/mile pace). It was great to PR at age 40. It was annoying that there were still 7 other 40 year olds in the race that were faster than me. Will I ever age-group place???
What's in store for 2013? I definitely need to get back to my ideal weight. This will be my #1 Goal for 2013. I want to continue to stay healthy but reduce the medications that I'm taking. I already discussed this with my allergist and have phased out one antihistamine and the nasal steroid. If I can get to only one daily medication along with the allergy shots (or no daily meds?) that would be ideal. As for running, I would like to stay on track with 750 miles or more this year. I don't have any race goals right now - again it would be nice to train and run a Half Marathon, however, since I don't know what I'll be doing this year for work I don't want to commit to a goal. I know my goals for 2013 are not lofty - it's pretty much par for the course of 2012 with a little tweaking - but things are going very well for me now, so why change things?
Happy New Year!!!