Saturday, June 28, 2008

Three Hot and Sweaty Miles

I slept in this morning until about 7am and left the house at 7:30am for a short, easy run.  It was my first run in 6 days - I've been resting the hammy and plus I was on vacation.

I took it easy - a 11:04/mile pace - but with the heat and humidity I came back home soaked!  Yuck!  How the heck did I train for half marathons in this stuff???  I'm just going to have to wake up a bit earlier so that it is a bit cooler when I run.

I felt a bit of discomfort in my hammy for a good portion of the run, but I kept the pace slow enough that there was no pain.  I'm running a 5K on Friday - I'll most likely take it easy but I'll go faster than my training runs for sure.  It should be interesting how my hammy holds up in the 28-30 minutes of harder running.

No comments: