Friday, June 26, 2009

The Big To Do List

Now that my big work project is complete, I have a bunch of things that I now need to focus on. Lots of house projects (the "honey-do" list is quite long), I need to clean my office up a bit, and I now get to focus on the next big thing - preparing for the New York Marathon!

Here's a few things that I know I will need to do:
  • Get some sleep - I'm still not caught up on sleep. I'm waking up feeling dead-tired. When I run, my heart rate starts to elevate after two miles. I definitely have to get more rest over the next few weeks.
  • Lose a few pounds - I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but with the amount I have been eating out - and eating at my desk - I'm sure the number on the scale won't look pretty. Get ready blog readers to see the daily calorie count re-appear in my blog.
  • Stretching and strengthening exercises - The arch on my left foot is starting to give me pains on the day after I run. I don't want this to turn into another battle with plantar fasciitis, so I better take some action...now!
  • Choose a marathon training plan - I was going to use Higdon's Novice 2 plan. However, it looks like the R2R team will also be providing a marathon training plan as well. Actually, the team has two coaches that will be monitoring our running progress on Flotrack...which means I'll need to log my runs in Flotrack in addtion to RunningAhead. Grrr...
I also should update my resume. Although, I will be moving from Nortel to Nokia Siemens with the buyout of my division, who knows how long that will last.

No rest for the weary...

No comments: