Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Squeezing In Another Run

The daily 7:30am conference calls are not deterring me!

I got another run in before the call - this time a 5 miler at the gym on the treadmill. I had originally planned to run outside. I was thinking I would do my typical 5 or 6 mile loop. However, mother nature had other plans...I would have gladly run in the rain, but thunder and lightning sent me to the gym instead of on the roads.

I used the TechnoGym treadmill's heart rate program - starting at 140 bpm and bumping it up a bit after each mile until the last mile I had it set at 150 bpm. My speed jumped around between 5.0 and 6.2 mph the entire time. I ended up doing the 5 miles in 55:55 (11:10/mile pace) with an average HR of 144. A bit slow, but I feel like I'm starting out again - and I'm no where near caught up on sleep.

Otherwise, the usual gym stuff. I recognize many of the "frequent 6am treadmillers". We're all plugged into our iPods or watching television - aware enough of the other runners to recognize their faces, but staying in our own little worlds and not uttering a sentence to anyone. At times I want to go up to some of them and strike up a conversation, ask what they're training for, etc. - but on the flip side, would I want someone interrupting my workout for small talk???

Tonight is my Israeli Dance group, so I will not be waking up early for a run (unless it's a short run with my son). So, hopefully on Thursday I'll get another quality run in.

No comments: