Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fitting The Long Run In

Not to sound like a whining, broken record (it just occurred to me that many younger folks in the blogosphere may not know what a broken record is since they were raised on CDs and MP3s - oy! I'm getting old), but I have a daily 7:30am conference call every day until my project launches on Tuesday, June 23.

This would not deter me from getting my Saturday long run in.

By the time I dialed in at 7:31am (yes...I was one minute late - shame on me!), I had 9 miles in the books. And had showered. Woo hoo!

This was my longest run since the Half Marathon I ran in April. Since I had two legit runs of 5 and 4.5 miles this week (plus the two 2 mile run/walks with my son), this run was not more than 50% of my total weekly mileage (i.e. not pushing myself into "overtraining" land even though I haven't been working up to this distance) My legs are a bit sore, but otherwise it was just good to get out and run (and run, and run!)

Final stats - 9.1 miles in 1:34:14 (10:22/mile pace). HR avg - 161, max -177. My HR is still up there starting around mile 3...I'm hoping it's just a fatigue thing - we'll see next month!

No comments: