Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pilates Class

Today is a rest/cross-training day from my schedule, so no running.

It is also a day when Sherry is tutoring and I'm responsible for the kids. As a Project Manager, I'm used to doing quite a bit of delegating to "the experts", so of course when I saw this coming up my first thought was, "hmmm, I can go to the gym, put the kids in the babysitting room for an hour or so while I work out or take a class." It's a win/win situation. My kids love the babysitting room (video games, television, other kids to play with, etc.), and I get a workout in.

Since I wasn't going to run on the treadmill, I wasn't sure what I would do at the gym. I checked the class schedule and saw that there was a Pilates class at 10am. I decided to give it a try.

I was able to do most of the exercises - which was nice (compared to my Yoga experiences). And it is definitely needed since it works a lot of core and hip muscles - which my stride analysis showed I need help with. However, I can see me being very sore tomorrow...and no "Vitamin I" today or tomorrow morning since I'm giving blood tomorrow at lunchtime.

No comments: