Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Few Non-Running Thoughts On A Non-Running Day

I have one more weekday run this week - 4 miler. I would have liked to have done it this morning, however, I went to bed too late and my younger son is still waking up in the middle of the night with a cough. So no run today. I'm going to try to get in bed earlier tonight...

Here's some miscellaneous things going on with me over the past few days:
  • I received my offer letter from Ericsson today! Ericsson purchased my division of Nortel a few weeks ago, so I knew it was inevitable, but it is nice to see it in print (or electronic print)
  • For the first time in months I finished last month's issue of Runner's World before the next month's issue came in the mail! At points during the beginning of this year I was 2-3 months behind, so this is a big accomplishment for me. I should have no problem being caught up as I will have some reading time on the bus up to NY later this month and next month.
  • We had to purchase a new toaster oven. No big deal, right? Well...we had bought a Black and Decker toaster oven about four years ago. We really liked it, but the toast function stopped working after 13 months. A call to customer service and they sent us a replacement, even though the warrantee was only 1 year. The next unit lasted about 8 months. They sent us our current unit in October of 2007. Well, this unit failed earlier in the week. I called Black and Decker's customer service again - this time they said that since the unit is 18 months old, it is out of warrantee. Basically, we're SOL. So, we bought a Cuisinart model. The best thing about this toaster - it has a 3 year warrantee!

No comments: