Friday, September 4, 2009

I Need More Sleep

My younger son has been congested and coughing this week, and he's been waking up (and waking us up) around 2-3am every night. Last night he actually slept through the night (thank goodness), however, when I woke up this morning I felt completely sleep deprived. I guess it is catching up with me.

That tired feeling didn't stop me this morning, though. I woke up at 5:40am - it was dark and I was tired but I got myself out of bed and I was out the door and running by 6am.

Another wonderful morning for a run! I didn't feel as great as my other runs this week - likely because I'm so tired - but still I did nicely for an easy run averaging a 10:28/mile pace and 147 bpm as my average heart rate.

I will NEED to get to bed early tonight. I'll likely need to wake up around 5:15am tomorrow morning to meet up for my long run at 6am in Bethesda.

Time for some caffeine to keep me up today!

No comments: