Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More Yassos

Today was my mid-week, longer, speedwork run. I did a similar workout to last week - 8 mile Yasso 800s on the treadmill. I set my recovery speed to 5.5 mph and interval speed to 6.5 mph today (last week was 5.4 and 6.4).

The workout was no issue in terms of exertion - 8 miles, 1:19:47 (9:59/mile pace) and 153 bpm average HR.

However, I'm just not feeling as awesome as I did last week. I'm not 100% sure why. I'm not getting any less sleep this week (with the number of times my kids woke me up in the middle of the night last week, I'm likely getting more sleep this week!).

Perhaps I'm not eating as well? I did have a really strong beer yesterday evening (Dogfish Head Alehouse Palo Santo Marron - 12% abv) - and a bunch of beer over the weekend.

Perhaps it's the weather? This week is a bit more humid that last week - but still not hot like it was before. And should that really impact a treadmill workout?

Maybe it's just the ups and downs of training. Some weeks are kick ass and some weeks your ass is kicked.

One more 5 miler on Friday and then Sunday is the Parks Half Marathon!

No comments: