Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back In The Saddle!

Due to my trip to Ann Arbor and preparing for Rosh HaShana on my return, it had been four full days since I last ran.  To add insult to injury, these four days included meals that either had foods that I should be avoiding, a lot more alcohol than I am used to consuming nowadays, or oversized portions that probably eclipse the number of calories I should be eating in a full day....and some of the meals were a combination of all three.

So, I was very happy to get back on the road and run this morning.  The kids were both up by 5:30am which was about the time I was planning to get out of the house and run.  "You're going to leave me with this?" was what my wife said as I was getting my running gear on.

There was a heavy rain last night which cleared the air up.  When I got out the door it was a crisp, cool and dark morning - 54 degrees and no humidity.  I wish this weather could stick around all the time!

I did my normal 4.4 mile neighborhood loop, taking it easy as I hadn't run in over half a week.  Stats - 10:48/mile pace; 148 avg HR.

Luckily, I do not have any more big meals on the calendar until next week's pre- and post- Yom Kippor feasts.  I'll need to work off the damage of the last four days before then...

No comments: