Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finally Running Again!!!

I got out for an easy 3 this morning - my usual loop around the lake.  I didn't know what to expect since I hadn't run in over 10 days and I still have some gook moving around in my nose and chest.

I ended up running an 11:04/mile pace at an average HR of 151.  Not too bad.  Although looking back in my training log I found I ran this exact same route about 1:00/mile faster at about the same HR a month ago.

My plan was to ramp up my mileage this week with runs of 3, 6, 3 and 9 miles and then taper a bit next week to prepare for the Half Marathon on April 20.

It's a nice plan - but it may have been thwarted by an injury I got this afternoon while playing with my kids.  I was kicking a soccer ball with my 3 year old and I decided to try and get fancy, over-run the ball and kick it back to him using my heel.  Well, I didn't over-run the ball enough and my foot ended up coming down right on top of the ball.  My foot rolled over towards the ground and then my entire body rolled over on my foot.  OUCH!

I've iced the foot a bit - it's still tender.  However, I don't think I've pulled/sprained/broken anything since there is no swelling.  Just an "ouchie".  Thank goodness!!!

1 comment:

Zoomy said...

Ha, I have attempted that exact same "fancy" move with a soccer ball with the exact same results!

:p

I'm glad it led to no major injuries...phew! You deserve a break.