Monday, September 1, 2008

Nine Miles This Morning

This morning's run was pretty uneventful.  But that was why it was so wonderful :-)

I got out the door at 6:30am - the sun starting to rise, the temperatures still in the low 60s, and very few people out and about due to the long weekend.

I ran my 9 mile route to Olde Town Gaithersburg and back, however, this morning I reversed the route...just to take some of the monotony out of the run.

I had a Fantasy Football podcast on my iPod (my second - and last - FFB draft is tomorrow) and I just ran at a comfortable pace for 1:37:28.  It felt so good, I probably could have gone another 97 minutes!

During the run I did start thinking about how I would attack the Half Marathon in two weeks.  Should I just run it nice and easy again?  Should I run with one of the pacing groups?  Should I try to work on pacing this week and target a specific time?  In the past I've worked on targeting a specific heart rate zone, so doing that again is also a possibility.

The other thing I need to think of is how to prepare.  The only run I know I'll be doing is the Rockville Millennium Trail - I'm running this 10.8 mile loop with my sister next weekend.  Other than that, I have no training schedule.  I'd like to run 4 days this week and next week (3 leading up to the race).  Perhaps each week doing a longish run (like this morning), a tempo run and an easy run and then the long run on the weekend.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: