Monday, September 22, 2008

Short Run During a Work Break

This morning I slept in until 6:15am - so no morning run for me :-(

I got out of bed and started making the kids' breakfasts and lunches, put up coffee, etc. I got into the office before 8am and full-steam ahead (that coffee sure does help!)

At 9:30am I had hit a lull. No conference calls until 12 noon and I was waiting for others to get back to me before I could proceed any further. I could either open up the paper and do the Sudoku or slip into my running clothes for a quick 3 miler.

Hmmm...both were tempting - but the run won out! (I didn't feel too guilty as I knew that I was in conference calls from 12 to 5 straight - which meant eating lunch at my desk - so my run was kind of an early lunch break)

I ran my lake loop - which I hadn't run in about 3 months. It was warm and sunny outside...the temperatures were making their climb into the 70s as I was making my way to the lake.

I took it easy, but seem to want to speed up about 2 miles into the run for some reason. This has been happening to me often and I think I'll need to make an effort to re-teach myself what a slow, controlled run is. Although my average HR was 151, I ended around 164...there's no reason for me to be up that high on a 3 mile easy run.

I finished the loop in 32:27 - a 10:01/mile pace. I quickly showered and popped back into work. Working from home definitely has some awesome advantages! (as I typed out that sentence, my son just arrived home from school and both of my boys came up to my office to greet me - yet another reason working from home is great!)

No comments: