Monday, September 8, 2008

Yen For Nachos

Since I'll be running on the treadmill tonight for a while during the football game, I was thinking to myself, "hmmm....after my workout, perhaps I'll go by Baja Fresh and pick up a heaping plate of Nachos to eat for dinner while I finish watching the game!"

It sounded like a great plan.

Until I decided to check out the Nutritional Information on those nachos.

A plate full of those fresh, warm tortilla chips, smothered with Jack and Cheddar cheese, black beans, sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo (yummm) has 1,890 Calories and 108 grams of fat!!!!

WOW!!!

I would need to run 15 miles to burn off the calories in that plate of Nachos. And although I could run 15 miles during the time it takes me to watch a football game - I will not be running that much tonight.

So - I will need to think of something else to chow down for dinner after my evening run. Oh well...

2 comments:

Rick said...

Who woulda ever thunk an innocent little plate o' nachos would pack such a caloric and fatty punch?!?

So, rice cakes it is!

Mike Fox said...

I know! I thought the nachos would be bad...but not THAT bad!

I ended up going grocery shopping after the gym and picked up a Pad Thai frozen dinner to heat up in front of the game.

I actually did buy some caramel flavored rice cakes - that could be dessert...