Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lunchtime Massage

Sounds relaxing, right?

NOT!!!!

I went to the massage therapist in my neighborhood that I have been to before, in order to work the muscles in my leg - hoping to help the healing process with the tendon/hamstring/calf issues.  So, this was not slated to be a relaxing, stress-release massage.  However, I was thinking that there may be some "ooohs" and "aaahs" of relaxation, and not so many "YOWWWs" and "UGHs" of pain.

She spent the entire hour working my legs - probably 45 minutes on my right leg (where the pain has been mostly) and 15 minutes on my left leg.  She told me that my left leg was almost as tight was the right leg and it was just about a matter of time before that leg got to where the other leg is now.

Truth be told, I needed this badly.  I needed someone to dig into those tight knotted muscles and loosen them up - or else the discomfort that I was feeling during my runs over the past few weeks could become much worse.

Maybe the next time I go for a lunchtime massage it will be for relaxation....

1 comment:

Rick said...

Man, I am getting frustrated for you, Mike. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I've started biking this past week. It's going well other than my arse is really starting to um, quarrel with me about this mode of cross-training! LOL

Hope you get the kinks out soon...
Rick