Monday, July 28, 2008

One Pound Down...

Monday is weigh-in day.  I started watching what I ate last week when the scale tipped at 166 pounds.  This morning I'm one pound down - 165 pounds.  A tad discouraging the day after running a half marathon, however, I can't be too upset as somewhere around Wednesday I stopped logging what I was eating.  And I did eat those brownies that my wife made during her Pampered Chef show.  And I did have some other sweets along the way.  So....I'll take the one pound and grow on it for next week.

Last night the kids both woke up in the middle of the night.  My oldest around 2:30am ran into our room and said he had a bad dream.  I put him back in his bed and he fell back asleep quickly.  My youngest woke up around 2:55am and I rubbed his back until about 3:15am when he finally dozed off.  Luckily they slept in until close to 7am (that's sleeping in for them).

While I was rubbing the little one's back around 3am, I felt a dull ache in my right hamstring.  I'm not out of the woods yet :-(   I'll try to ice it a bit today and self-massage it.  I'll see how it feels before I try to go to the gym this afternoon and run on the treadmill...

No comments: