Friday, July 18, 2008

Yoga In The Morning

I took the day off from running, like I mentioned yesterday, to give the hammy a chance to heal more.  It's feeling less sore and tender - hooray!

I got my behind downstairs and in front of the TV around 6:20am to do yoga with the Oxygen network's Inhale show.  I had set my DVR to tape it, so I rewound to the beginning and started in 20 min tape delay.  Two observations:  a) My back and neck are really stiff first thing in the morning so it was difficult to do some of the stretches at 6:30am and b) trying to do yoga while my two kids are running around the house is not as relaxing as when they are asleep...which is most likely why I normally run or workout outside of the house.

Tomorrow morning I'm planning to run 6 or 7 miles.  I'll need to wake up early to avoid the heat...it was 95 degrees and humid today.  ICK!

No comments: