Friday, July 11, 2008

Speedwork - Short Strides

Today was a speed workout of what the training plan I'm using is calling "Short Strides". This plan says to run these short intervals (today was 6 x 50m) at "near max speed". So I ran to the QOHS track this morning, and did six sets of 50m sprints with a 2 minute jogging rest between intervals (RBI).

One small problem - my calf/hamstring tendon issue started to flare up again. It started to get worse on the jog back home (it's about 1.7 miles from my house to the track), so I ended up walking the last half mile or so.

Luckily, I had a chiro appointment set up for this morning. And a rest day on the calendar for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Well done on your hill sprints. As far as your flare up goes, you know these speed work outs are going to tear up your quads and hamstrings. Especially the hill sprints. Careful with your workouts. Did the chrio treatment give you relief again?