Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cough, Cough - Rest Day

I knew I was on the verge of getting a cough :-(

Luckily, I got some sleep last night - went to bed at 9:30pm and slept until 6am (with an interruption around 4am when little one crawled into bed with us).

However, I'm coughing a bit more today and still feel a bit on the icky side. I've been popping zinc lozenges since late yesterday, so hopefully this will pass quickly.

I'm going to take a rest day from running today...hopefully I'll find time to do some stretching and core exercises. I was kind of hoping to get the running in today - I need the calorie burn. It's my birthday today and I know I'm going to overeat and eat sweets (going to Red Robin with the family tonight - not a posh way to celebrate a birthday at this age, but I'm looking forward to spending the time with my kids and nieces).

I'll re-evaluate tomorrow whether I can do my speedwork session that I missed yesterday and today. I'll definitely try to get that workout in (8 x 1200 intervals) instead of the Long Strides workout that is scheduled for tomorrow.

No comments: