Sunday, August 3, 2008

"Rest" Day

Ha.

Yes, it will be a rest day from running.  After running three days in a row, I believe my body needs it.

However, rest is something that I will not be getting.  I was out waaaaaaay too late last night at an Israeli Dance party in the area.  I didn't get to bed until 1:30am.  My oldest son came into our room at 6:30am...he didn't realize that it was Sunday (when he's supposed to be in his bedroom until 7:00am) so we reminded him and he went back to his room nicely...but I was already awake.  We have a pretty packed schedule today as well - so I don't see a nap in my future.  Oh well.

It's not all bad.  this evening is the first NFL Pre-Season game - and my favorite team, the Washington Redskins, will be playing.  I'm having a few friends over to watch the game, drink a beer or two and talk Fantasy Football.  I'll be putting together a seven-layer dip for the game - yummmmm.

Since I already knew that I'll be gorging on beer and seven layer dip tonight, I decided to make this morning my weigh-in day for the week.  I guess it's kinda cheating - take the morning after a 9 mile morning run and 3 hours of Israeli dancing as my weigh in instead of the morning after sitting on your ass drinking beer and stuffing your face.  I'll try to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see how much damage was done in the binge-fest tonight.  In the meantime, I'm happy to report that the scale went down another pound to 164.0.  Nice.

No comments: