Monday, August 18, 2008

Foot Pain - Run Cut Short

Early this morning I was awoken by my 2 year old playing with my face in my bed...at 4:15am!  He hasn't been feeling well over the past few days.  He woke up in the middle of the night last night and climbed into our bed - and then started to play.  Grrrrrrrrr.  Anyhow, he announced to us at 4:55am that he needed to go to the bathroom - my wife took him and I decided to get out of bed and into my running gear.  My alarm was going off in 5 more minutes anyway.

I was out the door at 5:15am.  I guess I hadn't been out this early in a while since I was not expecting it to still be dark.  Note to self - any runs before 5:45am now require my reflector vest.

I made it up to the High School track, however, as I was entering the parking lot of the High School, I felt a little "twinge" on the arch of my left foot.  When I got to the track I stopped and started to stretch a bit.  I also sat down and massaged my foot.  However, when I started to run on the track, the discomfort in my foot was still there.

There was no way I was running my 2 X 1600 at race pace today :-(

I didn't want to aggravate my foot any further, so I walked the full 1.65 miles back home.  Luckily I had my iPod with me - I had a Fantasy Football podcast to listen to...ooooh, I can't wait for football season to start!

I'm going to try to do the same run tomorrow morning and push tomorrow's scheduled long run to Wednesday.  I'll try stretching my foot out a bit tonight and hopefully I won't run into the same issue during tomorrow's run.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: