Sunday, February 1, 2009

And Then Again, Maybe I Will Get That Run In...

Right after I finished my previous blog post - at about 2:45pm this afternoon - I went upstairs and found that everyone else in the house was napping.

I had eaten a small lunch only about an hour before, but I didn't feel like I was still digesting - so I decided that I would go for a quick run.  Woo hoo!!!!!

I decided to run my 4 mile neighborhood loop - the maps on RunningAhead had it mapped at 4.43 miles - Garmin says 4.44 miles!  It's nice to know that the maps at RA are pretty spot on.

For some reason, I couldn't get my heart rate down to an "easy" level (in the 150s or below) after the first mile.  I guess I still have a ways to go before getting back to normal after having to take the time off for being sick.

Overall, my run was 51:09 - an 11:32/mile pace with an average HR of 160.

I also finished up Week 5 of the push up challenge.  Well...sort of.  You see, as I was doing the last set of the week's push ups, I noticed something odd.  When all of the other weeks labeled the push ups Set 1, Set 2, Set 3, etc., this week threw in a few "Sets 1&2", "Sets 3&4", etc.  So, I was supposed to do 8 sets of push ups each day, and I only did 5.  I thought it was a bit odd that the number of push ups I was doing was decreasing...  Anyhow, today I did 115 push ups - 18, 20, 17, 20 and 40!  If I had followed the program correctly, there would have been an additional 55 push ups in there - and I likely would not have been able to do 40 in the last set.  Next week, I'll be more careful and try to follow the plan.

2 comments:

Zia said...

UGH!!! I am on Week 5 too and I also didn't notice the 1&2, 3&4 thing (And I STILL wasn't able to do 40 pushups at the end of Day 2). I thought it seemed a little "light" but didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. Oh well, I'll be repeating Week 5 for sure!

Also, on that Dane guy. You may have heard of him. He ran the Frederick Marathon that you did last year. He was the "Charity Runner" he started dead last and raised $$ for every person that he passed. He passed 1572 of the 1600 runners -- isn't that nuts?!?

Mike Fox said...

I'm not sure I had heard of Dane while at the Frederick Marathon. I really didn't get close to the top 30 runners :-)

Actually, he may NOT have passed me. If you recall, I got to the starting line 9 minutes after the gun went off, so he was likely on his way already. That can be my claim to fame - Dane did NOT pass ME :-)