Sunday, February 1, 2009

What A Glorious Day!

Temperatures this afternoon were in the mid-50s and the sun was shining!  Are you sure this is February 1???

I let my wife go out for a run in the early afternoon, so she could put our younger son down for a nap.  At that time, I went out for a short run with my older son.  It was great to run with him - all of the things that amaze a 6 year old and the things he says are just wonderful ("it feels like Spring...perhaps the Groundhog saw his shadow and Spring is near...")

He made it a full half mile before we needed to stop for our first walk break.  Not too bad for a 6 year old.  We ended up running a little over a mile and a quarter.  I'm hoping to continue running with him over the next few months - and maybe get him ready for a 5K this summer :-)

The only unfortunate part was that I did not have an opportunity to go out for a longer run today on my own.  With guests arriving in 2 hours, I don't think I'll be able to slip out now.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

50s?!? Dang! And I was happy with the high 30's HAAH!

Glad you like the Garmin ;-)