Friday, February 20, 2009

Push Ups - Week 6 Day 2

Last night, I did Day 2 of Week 6 of the Push Up Challenge.  I followed it to a tee - up until the last set where I was able to do 40 push ups instead of 44.  I did 146 push ups in all - 14, 14, 15, 15, 14, 14, 10, 10 and 40.

Today is a rest day and tomorrow is my long run.  Since I took nearly two weeks off from running after starting a particular training plan, I'm not sure where to start again.  For the past two weeks I've been kind of following Weeks 4 and 5 - which would make my long run tomorrow at 12 miles...definitely doable for me, but longer than I have been running lately.

I'm not sure it really makes too much of a difference - this plan is for running a full Marathon, and I'm really training for a Half Marathon.  I just wanted a nice plan to gradually add more miles each week to lead me to the race.

The race I'm targeting now is the Run For The Shelter, which is in 8 weeks.  So if say I'm on Week 5 and I do the 12 miles tomorrow, I'll be doing an 18 mile run 2 weeks before the Half Marathon.  That may be a bit much for training for a 13 mile race...I'll likely make it a shorter run when I get to it.

No comments: