Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nice And Easy!

Since I'll be on the road to Florida tomorrow and Friday, I had to cram my 3rd and final weekday run in today. I was out late last night so it was a lunchtime run for me.

Despite being the 4th day of running in a row, my body felt good. I took it nice and easy on the treadmill at the gym today - set it at 5.2 mph for the first mile and 5.5 mph for the next 3 miles.

Ended up with 4 miles in 44:19 - an 11:05/mile pace with an average heart rate of 139!!! I don't ever recall having a run this long with an average HR under 140.

Tomorrow morning we're up bright and early (OK, we're always up bright and early) and hitting the road. I'm a bit nervous about doing a 14 mile run in Boynton Beach on Saturday morning. The overnight low on Friday night is 78 degrees. 14 miles in 80 degree weather? ICK! I'm definitely bringing my water belt...

No comments: