Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do I Still Look 24?

Today I was out in Gainesville, VA for work (about 50 miles away from home) and I was near a shopping center.  The shopping center had a Running store!!!  (The store was actually called The Running Store!)  I'm running low on GU, so I went in to buy a few packs.

One thing that hit me was that I was really excited about going the Running store - and not to the Best Buy that was there.  A few years ago I would have been all over the Best Buy.  I have definitely turned a corner.

When I went to check out with the GU, the person working there asked if I wanted to be put on their email mailing list.  I gave her my email address - mikefox85 at gmail - and she asked if that was when I was born.  I said, "Yes, that's my birthday," and her response was, "Oh, one of my sons was born in '85 as well."  I thought about that for a moment and then it hit me - she thought that the 85 in my email address was the YEAR I was born - not my birthday - 08/05.  I thanked her for thinking I was still that young, but then clarified that 85 was for August 5 - not 1985...

No comments: