Friday, January 16, 2009

Quick 3 Miler and Postponing the Long Run

This morning I got out to the gym for a quick 3 miler.  It was 9 degrees at 6am when I was heading for the gym...surprisingly I passed 2 runners on my way.  It was a pretty uneventful run.  I did end up on a treadmill right next to someone I know from my synagogue and spoke to her for the first 3/4 of a mile or so.  I guess that's the closest I've been to running with someone else for quite some time! :-)

Overnight lows are going to be in the single digits, but tomorrow nights should be in the teens.  So, I'm going to postpone my long run from Saturday morning to Sunday morning.  I just can't see running 9 miles on a treadmill, and I can't see running 9 miles in 10 degree weather.  20 degrees I can somehow manage...

No comments: