Monday, January 26, 2009

A Good Scale Day!

Ironically - since I did not run much last week due to being sick - I had a good scale day this morning.  Scale showed a 2 pound improvement over last Monday's weigh in.  NO WAY?!?!  WAAAAAY!!!!!

I'm not sure what happened exactly, but here's a few guesses:
  • I've been eating soup for a bunch of my meals since I've been sick.  It probably has less calories than the normal meals I would have eaten
  • We didn't eat out at all this weekend.  Restaurants seem to always have huge portions and additional fat/calorie content vs what we would make at home.
  • There was no football yesterday, so my ass wasn't on the couch eating munchies and drinking beer
  • I've been gaining muscle tone with the push ups I've been doing and the added muscle has burned off some fat
  • It's just a fluke...I'll see those two pounds back next Monday
Either way, I looked back in my weight log and found that I hadn't been down to 167.5 since before Rosh HaShannah.  I'll definitely take it!

In the health department, I'm still sick but feeling better.  My nose is very stuffy and I've got a lot of "gook" floating around.  However, I'm not coughing much anymore.  This has been the weirdest cold - usually things start in the sinuses and go down...this time it started in my chest and came up.  I'm hoping to rest for the next few days and get back to running by the end of the week.  Just in time for my Garmin Forerunner 305 to arrive!!!


No comments: