Thursday, January 8, 2009

More Cowbell

This morning was a pretty uneventful 3 mile easy run. The little one was in our room at 5:45am - an improvement over the past few days!

I got into my running clothes, fed the kids breakfast and got a school-day snack ready for my older son and then out into the chilly morning.

The past two days I was aching a later in the day after my runs of 4 and 5 miles, so I decided to just do 3 this morning (the 3.4 mile neighborhood loop that I run when it's a bit too dark to run around the lake).

I had put CCR's Willy and the Poor Boys on my iPod for this morning's run...I hadn't listened to Creedence is quite awhile. The first song is "Down On The Corner" - and lo and behold in the first 10 seconds of the song I hear a cowbell! So, for the first half of my run all I could think about was Will Ferrell doing his "More Cowbell" skit on SNL!!!

I'm sure my neighbors were wondering what the hell I was thinking - running in sub-freezing temperatures with a huge grin on his face...

No comments: