Friday, January 2, 2009

Feeling Better - Finally

For the third day in a row I have not been hacking away in the evening.  It's a good sign.  I'm starting to feel myself again - but not 100% yet.

I will definitely run tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be going outside (overnight lows of 27 degrees - I just not ready to face the sub-freezing temps yet).  So I'll hit the gym which means a shorter run.  I'll try to get in 5 miles on the treadmill at a nice and easy pace.

I'm also starting to look into some races for this year.  I want to get a Half Marathon in during the Spring, however, the National Half is quite pricey and I already have a commitment the same morning as the Annapolis Half.  There is one at VA Beach the same weekend as the National Half - it is $10 less, but I'd spend that much in gas for the car getting there!

My best bet may be the Run For The Shelter on April 19 - it's not too expensive and it is not during Passover this year.  I had signed up to run this race in 2007, but it coincided with the big Nor'easter storm.  I woke up that morning, got in my running gear, got in the car to start driving to the race and I couldn't see a thing in the driving, pouring rain.  I decided to turn around as there was no way I wanted to stand around waiting for the race to start in that kind of weather (oh...running in it for two plus hours would have sucked as well).

Anyhow...I'll block off that weekend for now and run some of the MCRRC races (free for members!) until then.

No comments: