Saturday, January 24, 2009

Runner Envy

Today is a bit warmer around these parts - in the mid to high 30s - and I saw a few runners out there early this morning.  Being that I'm still feeling a bit icky, I must say that I was pretty jealous.  I wanted to be the guy outside running this morning - not hacking away inside the house :-(

I did get my last set of Week 4 push ups in this morning.  I ended up not being able to follow the program's goals for today, but I did set a personal record with 145 push ups!  My sets were 29, 30, 26, 27 and 33.  WOW!  I'll do the next exhaustion test tomorrow or Monday.  Being that you need a minimum of 30 push ups to move on to Week 5 - and I was able to do 33 push ups in my fifth set today - it's looking like I'll finally graduate to Week 5 after my 4th time through Weeks 3 and 4.  If nothing else, I'm persistent.

No comments: