Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Big Toe is OK

I went to the chiro during lunchtime to have my big toe checked out.  Everything is fine - whew.

I had been having some minor pain in the joint and I was really concerned that it may be the start of a bunion developing (I've never had one and I never want to have one!).  Now I have piece of mind that it is just soreness.

I'm wondering how often I'll be running to the chiro during my taper - obsessing that every ache and pain may be an injury which will keep me from running the marathon...

3 comments:

jeanne said...

Good luck! Why does everything happen right before the marathon?!

Rick said...

Good to hear it doesn't seem to be anything serious with the toe. You're gonna do great. This is a good article from a while ago on the tapering period you may want to read. It may give you some peace of mind:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244--10201-0,00.html

You're gonna do great!

Mike Fox said...

Thanks Rick for the article! I have pulled the October 2006 issue of Runners World off of my bookshelf so I can read this article a few times over the next few weeks (I have been a RW subscriber since Nov 2005 and I have kept all of the issues...I know, I'm a big nerd)

Jeanne, I believe that the answer to your question is explained in this article. Happy reading!