Monday, April 14, 2008

My Last Beer Before Pesach...

In the days leading to Pesach (Passover) we are trying to consume all the chametz products in the house. That includes beer. I don't keep too much beer in the house most of the time, but I still had the leftovers of a six pack of Amstel Light. I had one last night, leaving one left to consume before Friday. I decided to down this last beer down tonight :-)

It's been a long day. I was in a Project Management training seminar in Waldorf, MD. It is a good hour and fifteen minutes from the house - but I needed to leave early because traffic in the DC area can be a nightmare at times. Luckily, today wasn't one of those days and I made it there in an hour and twenty minutes....which got me there 40 minutes before the class began. I had a minor ordeal at work to navigate through during breaks of the training - so I wasn't able to do much networking at the seminar (networking one of the reasons I signed up for the thing...that and earning PDUs to keep my PMP certification).

After class I finished up a little more work - using the wifi network at the hotel where the course was held. Then on the way home I made a shivah / condolence call to a friend in Silver Spring whose father had passed away. I finally got home around 8:45pm.

When I used to work in an office near Tyson's Corner, VA, there were definitely days when I left the house before 6:30am and returned after 8:30pm. However, since I'm now a full-time telecommuter I don't have many days like this anymore. Thank goodness!!!!
-------------
Looking at my training plan for this week, I still have a good amount of mileage to put in - 5 miles tomorrow, 8 miles speedwork on Wednesday, 4 miles on Thursday and 12 miles on Saturday. Definitely a step down from the 40 miles on the schedule last week - but 29 miles in a week ain't too shabby either. Before I started my marathon training, I believe my highest mileage week was somewhere around 22 miles.

Tonight it is supposed to dip down below freezing again, so no shorts and a t-shirt for tomorrow morning's run :-)

2 comments:

Rick said...

Stay strong! You're doing awesome in your training and your race is going to go well, my running friend. It's going to be SO rewarding!

Rick said...

Oh, and thanks for the continued customs lessons. I really enjoy looking up your references and learning more about Judaism and admire your adherence to your faith.