Sunday, April 27, 2008

Passover Is OVER!!!

Finally.

This year - because Passover officially started on Saturday night and you're not supposed to do work on the Sabbath, Passover was 9 days instead of eight. So I was REALLY ready to eat some bread this evening!

My wife and I had originally planned to go to a nearby Ethiopian restaurant after the kids were in bed. However, I called them this afternoon and found out that they close at 7pm on Sunday evenings. So we decided to go to Dogfish Head Alehouse - a micro-brewery restaurant nearby. They have an awesome grouper sandwich - on grilled pumpernickel bread with cole slaw, swiss cheese and Russian dressing - and we split a beer sampler. YUM!

I'll most likely take my son out to our favorite bagel place tomorrow morning...

...after I hit the gym. Today was supposed to be a cross-training day, but I did not get to the gym. So I'll hit the elliptical machine early tomorrow morning.

It's the last taper week - so my runs are much shorter - 3 miles on Tuesday, 4 miles on Wednesday and 2 miles on Thursday. Then two full rest days before THE BIG DAY. I can't believe how close it is!!!

1 comment:

Rick said...

This is a strange week in relationship to your running. It's very weird to go out for runs of such short mileages. Resist the impulses, should you have them, to run hard or further. Carb up, now that Passover is over, get lots of water in you this week, and as much rest as you can. I'm excited for you Mike! You've trained well and you're gonna do great!