Friday, April 25, 2008

The Countdown...

The marathon countdown clock on my blog shows 8 days and some-odd hours left until the big race.

More importantly, there are two days and some-odd hours left of Passover. I can't wait to have all of those wonderful carbs again!!!

I stepped on the scale this morning to see what Passover and tapering was doing to me weight-wise. I gorged out at the seders, eating way much more than I should have. I have been hitting the sweets more often this past week, as that is really the only "munchy food" around (besides potato chips which are way to oily for me anyway). I also feel like I have been hungry all of the time!!! On the other hand, I may have lost weight as I'm not eating as many carbs and I'm still exercising (Atkins must work if so many people are doing it, right?), and I'm not snacking much (nothing to snack on...). So, to my surprise, when I stepped on the scale this morning it said 162.0. I have actually lost a few pounds this week. I don't know if I'll weigh myself again until after the marathon - I don't want weight to be a factor into how I'm tapering.

Tomorrow morning I have my last "long run" before the race. Eight miles. It's actually the shortest long run I have done since week 7 - that was over two months ago! I haven't chosen my route yet...I guess I'll look over it tonight.

No comments: