Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Plans

For the past four years, the Israeli Dance troupe that I co-direct has performed at an Israeli Dance weekend "camp" - Hora Aviv. For the second year in a row, my co-director is not able to make the trip so I'm "flying solo" with 10 teenagers. UGH!

It ends up that I stay up really late with the teens (OK...even without the teens I'm sure I'd stay up late!) and my kids still wake up super early. As a result, I'm leaving the rest of my family home...I'm really grumpy on 3 hours of sleep, so I think this will be the best for everyone around me.

Last year, I brought some running gear and mapped out a 5 mile route near the campus to run one morning. Since I'm still in my post-marathon "rest period" from running, I won't be bringing my running shoes :-(

I'm hoping to go for a few short runs next week and see if my knees feel better. Maybe a 3 miler on Tuesday and a 4 miler on Thursday. We'll see...

Enjoy the long weekend everyone!!!

No comments: