Sunday, May 4, 2008

Race Report Tomorrow...

I've had an extremely busy day, so I have not had a chance to get to the race report.

After the marathon, I came home briefly to shower and soak in a cold tub for about 5 minutes, and then had to go to a performance of the Israeli Dance Troupe that I co-direct. Although I wasn't performing, I was still on my feet setting up the sound system and emceeing the performance.

After that, I did another revolving door at home to pick up the family and go to a congratulatory dinner in my honor for finishing the marathon this morning. Since both my sister and I have small kids, we went to Red Robin - not the ultimate in cuisine for a congratulatory dinner, but it was nice to celebrate the accomplishment no matter where we went.

Tonight, my wife had a ticket to see an Israeli singer who is currently touring in the US - Rami Kleinstein - in concert tonight. However, she started not feeling too well yesterday and she wanted to go to bed early tonight, so I went instead.

I finally got back home a little after 10:30pm. I'm zonked and want to get to bed!

A few marathon notes, though:
- My official time was 4:59:06
- Since this is the first time I ran a marathon, this is a PR for me...hooray!
- I ran the first 13.1 miles in 2:13:33 (my watch time) which is also a new PR for me!
- By running a PR on the first half, I was really in trouble for the second half :-(

A LOT more details to come.... Good night!

3 comments:

Rick said...

Oh my gosh! Are you crazy! The dance troupe obligation, the dinner, the concert... all after running a first marathon! Land sakes son, I thought you Michgan grads were smart?!? You might wanna consider clearing your afternoon and evening following your next one. LOL

I am so happy for and proud of you Mike! Well done dude! Can't wait to hear the details.

Anonymous said...

I agree w Rick...HOW did u do all that? I only did a half and I CRASHED after brunch! Ur Amazing (& maybe a little bit crazy too)!!

stevespeirs said...

2 PR's in one day. Doesn't get much better than that! Congrats...

--Steve