Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Falling Behind

Yesterday was a really busy day - customer meetings, a lot of work to do once the meetings were over and finally my NCAA Tourney Draft in the evening. As a result, I didn't find time to blog yesterday - so I apologize to the loyal blog readers who missed an update yesterday...

This morning, I was scheduled to run 4 miles. It was my first run after giving blood so I was going to take it easy and hope that I didn't lose too much aerobic capacity. I checked the weather report and it looked like it was going to rain all night and into the morning, so I prepared to hit the treadmill at the gym rather than running outside.

In the middle of the night, my 2 year old woke up (and woke my wife and I up) at 3am. I ended up falling back asleep, and slept through my 5:15am alarm. Shoot!!!! I woke up at 5:40am and rushed out the door. I got on a treadmill by 6am and got 3 miles and a cooldown in before I had to hit the shower (I had to leave earlier for work this morning since I was going to our office in Virginia). My feeling is that a shorter run is better than no run at all...although I feel bad that I couldn't get the full 4 miles in.

The good news - my pace was 11:26/mile at an average heart rate of 145. My body is recovering nicely from the blood donation. Hooray!!!

I'm hoping I can get the full 5 miles on my run tomorrow morning since each of my other runs this week have fallen short of the distance on the training plan.

No comments: