Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Could Strangle The Weatherman!

This morning I had my 15 mile run scheduled.  Yesterday I mapped out a route (I was going to run to the neighborhood I grew up in and back) and checked the weather to ensure it would be suitable for a long run.  As of yesterday morning, the rain was supposed to subside overnight leaving a light rain or drizzle in the morning - temperatures in the mid-40s.  Not bad weather for a long run.

Last night before going to bed, I checked the weather again.  The forecast now said that there would be heavy rain - 3/4 to 1 inch overnight with more heavy rain and wind in the morning.  I wasn't going to be outside for close to three hours in pouring rain, so I decided to switch my Saturday and Sunday schedules - cardio on Saturday and long run on Sunday.  I did not set an alarm; my mind was made up.

This morning when I woke up at around 6:15am, I didn't hear any heavy rain.  I looked out the window, and there was the drizzle that the original forecast called for.  It was already too late for me to start my long run due to the hectic schedule we have this morning.  So I hit the elliptical at my neighborhood's clubhouse.

So instead of having my 15 mile run behind me now, I have to wake up early tomorrow to do it in colder - but drier - weather.  Damn the weatherman!

No comments: