Monday, March 3, 2008

Inspiration Lake Lunchtime Run

The sun is shining, the temperatures are in the low 60s and I didn't have any meetings on my calendar this afternoon. That's a recipe for a lunchtime run :-)

I hit Inspiration Lake one more time (and perhaps my last time during the marathon training, as there are no more 3 mile runs on my training plan until the taper). It was a bit windy which made me run a bit faster than I wanted to at the beginning (I'm not sure why I speed up in the wind) and I had to make an effort to slow down and get my heart rate to an acceptable level for an "easy" run. I ended up with an average hr of 153...I'd like it to be a bit lower, but I felt really good afterwards, so I won't complain. My pace was a little slower than last week, but not by much - 10:16/mile.

I put two compilation albums on my iPod - Layla Gov and Layla Gov 2. Both of these feature duets of famous Israeli singers with Gidi Gov from his TV Show "Layla Gov".

After the run I was hungry for lunch and I had a yen for a crepe - spinach, mushroom and ricotta cheese. So...I shut down my computer, got on my bicycle and headed for Crepes-A-Go-Go in my neighborhood for a "working lunch". I love places with free Wi-Fi!!!

No comments: