Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not Feeling It Today

I did my 5 mile run this morning on the treadmill at the gym, but I wasn't really "feeling it" today.  I felt like I was just going through the motions - I needed to get my run in, so I did it.  Counting down the miles, counting down the minutes.

I'm not sure what's hitting me - lack of sleep (but I always suffer from lack of sleep, right?), recovering from my blood donation earlier this week, being really busy at work with the feeling like I'm a bit behind (I've logged in during the evening every night this week), or just feeling monotony of the fact that I've been doing this for 12 weeks straight without a break.

I'm hoping that tomorrow's rest day along with some NCAA basketball viewing will help me out of my funk.  Also, tonight starts the Jewish celebration of Purim - I will be chanting a chapter of the Scroll of Esther tonight at synagogue - and tomorrow morning at another synagogue as well.

If anything else, I'll need to run to burn off the chips and beer consumed while watching March Madness this weekend and the hamantashen that I eat for Purim!

No comments: