Sunday, March 16, 2008

GU Flavors

Thanks to Tootie for posting a comment about GU flavors (I've had others ask me a similar question...)

I prefer the Just Plain flavor - it tastes a bit like caramel, but not too over the top sweet.  I also like the Vanilla flavor...although it is a bit on the sweet side.

I like the Lemon Sublime flavor mid-run - this tastes like lemon-lime Gatorade, and I guess I'm just used to having that type of taste in my mouth as an energy replacement mid-run.  Also, the Lemon Sublime flavor does not have caffeine - I needed to cut down on the amount of caffeine I had each day as I was starting to get sensitive to it.

The Chocolate flavor is amazing - it tastes like chocolate frosting - but it's a bit too sweet for me to eat while on a run.

1 comment:

tootie said...

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep those flavors in mind.