Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday - Sore Day =)

Yesterday's Total Calorie Intake: 3874
(Exercise Calories: 1925)
Total Net Calories:  1949

I'm pretty sore today.  I guess 17 miles - and over 3 hours - of running will do that to you.

Specifically, my left knee is sore and my calves are sore.  I'll try to ice the knee and stretch the calves at some point today.  I'm not going to go to the gym to do the elliptical for cross-training.  I had a "semi" cross-training workout early this morning - I walked my 5-year old son to the Star Diner this morning for breakfast (1/2 mile each way).  Of course, at points he wanted to race me -and running hurt this morning!  I also have Israeli Dancing tonight, so I'll chalk up the mile walk and dancing as my cross-training today.

This week I'm going to rearrange the training schedule a bit since I'm giving blood tomorrow at lunchtime.  I'm definitely going to run Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.  However, I may move the longer run to Monday morning (8 miles) and then do the shorter runs (4 and 5 miles) on Wednesday and Thursday since I'll still be recovering from the blood donation.  I also have some meetings in Columbia, MD on Tuesday morning, so by not running that morning I should be able to avoid some traffic.  I'm going to make all the runs this week easy runs - no speedwork.  That should also help me recover quicker.

No comments: