Monday, March 17, 2008

Milestone Monday

I was looking at my training log and I noticed that I hit a milestone during today's run: 250 miles this year! Three years ago - when I first started running - I barely topped 400 miles for the year, and I'll top that before May!

Another milestone - this was the 12th time in my life that I have donated blood (6 of those have been in the past 18 months when I decided to make a commitment to do it). The American Red Cross advertises that each time you give blood that you potentially save 3 lives...so I am up to saving 36 lives. Here is why 36 is such a special number:
  • In Hebrew, letters are sometimes used to represent numbers (the equivalent in English would be A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.)
  • The number 18 is represented by the letters Chet (8) and Yood (10) which spell the work Chai - or Life.
  • So 36 is equal to "double-chai" or two-times life!

No comments: