Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week 12 Weigh In - Huh???

Since I'm traveling this week and I won't be near my scale on Monday morning, I weighed in today instead. I really had no idea what the scale would show...

It was Purim this week, which meant I had eaten my fair share of hamatashen...although I definitely ate less this year than in years past. This was difficult as Sherry made chocolate hamantashen dough and a prune filling from scratch (in addition to M&M and Reese's Peanut Butter cup filled hamantashen!!!) Also, yesterday late afternoon/evening we went to a friend's house for a kid's playdate/dinner - dinner was delicious, but very high in fat (i.e. higher caloric intake). They made a salmon dish which had a really nice sauce (almost like a hollandaise sauce) and a mashed potato casserole with chives and sour cream - YUMMMMM.

On the other hand, I ran 12 miles yesterday morning and went to an Israeli Dance party late last night....and I didn't eat anything when I came back from the party around 1am.

So...I was quite surprised when the scale showed 161.5 this morning!

That's 2 pounds less than last week. Perhaps I was trying to compensate for the hammentashen and not eating enough other things? I'm not sure. However, I know that I'll need that good weigh-in as I'm about to go on a business trip - and that's never good news on the weight front!

Actually, I think I may be OK on this business trip. I'm in Dallas for 3 days, and I have a 5 mile and 9 mile run scheduled during that time - so whatever additional calories I'd be consuming on the business trip will most likely be burned off.

I lived in Dallas for five and a half years, so most of the time when I visit I let all of my friends know I'll be in town. However, I know I'll have a really compressed schedule this time. I'm there for training (Lean Six Sigma), so I'll be catching up on my normal work after hours. Add that to the longer runs that I'll be doing - I'll have much less time to socialize.

Luckily, the weather in Dallas will be 20 degrees warmer! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) running around White Rock Lake on Tuesday after my training session in 70 degree weather :-)

No comments: