Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cross-Training Day

Yesterday's Total Calorie Intake: 2944
(Exercise Calories: 1574)
Total Net Calories: 1370

Sundays are my cross-training day. I actually get exercise twice - once in the morning at the gym and then again in the evening during Israeli Dancing. At the gym I tried a different elliptical trainer this morning - a machine that works arms along with legs. It gave me a good workout, but I'm not sure that it worked the muscles in my legs as well as the Precor machine did. Also, my knees hit the axle that the arm handles were attached to a few times during the workout - that was kind of annoying.

All in all, I feel good today. Not much soreness from yesterday's long run which is a good thing. Next week's long run is 13 miles - the distance of a half marathon which is the longest I have run to date. Unfortunately, there are no half marathons in the area next weekend so I can't run a race for my workout.   Actually, due to scheduling next weekend, there is no way I'll be able to go to a race - we're pretty much jam packed!

No comments: