Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Barely Got My Run In This Morning

After last night's post, I wasn't sure I would get out of bed this morning to run. I went through the motions last night, though - got my gym bag ready, set my alarm, etc.

The alarm went off and I immediately turned it off and stayed in bed. I believe I dozed off a bit because when I finally got my body out of bed, it was already 5:55am. It was almost too late to hit the gym for my workout and get to work at a reasonable time (I knew that I had a 9am conference call that I needed to prepare for a bit)...but I decided to go anyhow.

Luckily it was a short run - 3 miles. I did the hill program on the treadmill, level 5 (yes...I whimped out a bit, but at least I made it to the gym!).

I'm not sure why I suddenly hit this funk last night. However, I believe that it will be short lived as I have the Spirit of the Marathon movie tonight to get me pumped up again! (or scared shitless...we'll see)

I'm progressing through the decades and put some music from the 1990s on my iPod for this morning's run. I don't have much from this decade, but what I have I definitely enjoy. This morning was some Hootie and the Blowfish, Sheryl Crow, Seal and Dave Matthews Band.

No comments: