Friday, February 15, 2008

Getting Back On Track

Yesterday's Total Calorie Intake - ???
(Exercise Calories:  404)
Total Net Calories - ???

I'm back from my business trip - which means I can get back into more of a routine when it comes to food.  I kind of threw caution to the wind the past few days when it came to calories.  I did make conscientious choices - yesterday I really wanted to have a blueberry muffin from the breakfast tray so I cut one in half (after a eating a full bagel with cream cheese and some apple slices...I know I really did not need that muffin!), and for lunch I got a black bean and rice burrito at the airport and I chose not to have cheese or sour cream thrown in.  However, I know that while at home I never would have had that muffin, and I would have only eaten half of that Chipotle-style burrito and saved the rest for lunch the next day.

I got home on an earlier flight so I was able to have a Valentine's Day dinner with Sherry.  I picked up sushi for us and hit the liquor store beforehand and got a bottle of sake...more easily avoided calories (Valentine's Day comes once a year...right?).

So...yesterday I ended up eating 3 pretty large meals.  That would have been fine after this weekend's 12 mile run - but yesterday was a 3.5 miler at an easy pace.

It's time to get back on track and count them calories!

No comments: