Saturday, February 9, 2008

A "Short" Long Run

Yesterday's Total Calorie Intake:  2191

This is the end of my second "stepback" week, so my long run was shorter - this week only 7 miles.  I used the same route I ran 3 weeks ago, I was :04/mile slower today, however, my average heart rate was also lower by 3 bpm - which is much better for the long runs.  But my heart rate was still a bit high for a long run (156 bpm) so I'll have to slow it down as the mileage ramps up.  Next week's long run is 12 miles...yikes!

I threw in Simon and Garfunkel's Collected Works on my iPod for the run.  I forget how wonderful many of their songs are - and how perfect they are for a run.  So many of their songs tell stories - like "Save The Life of My Child", "Most Peculiar Man" and "He Was My Brother" - you can just get lost in the lyrics while running.

No comments: